Broccoli cheddar from pinterest
Corn, potato, and cheese chowder
– This has been a favorite of my family’s growing up – I rarely eat potatoes, so when I have to buy some I end up making a huge pot of this to eat and freeze for later!
3 medium potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 c. water
2 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
dash of black pepper
3 c. milk
1 10 oz pkg. frozen corn
2 Tbsp. flour
6 oz. cheddar cheese shredded (we ALWAYS use Velveeta instead!)
1 Tbsp. parsley
1. Combine potatoes, water, bouillon, and pepper spices in a large saucepan and bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes
2. Stir in 2 1/2 c. milk and corn
3. In a small bowl combine remaining milk and flour; once mixed pour into potato mixture
4. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbley
5. Add cheese stir until melted
6. Add parsely garnish on top of soup in bowls!
What are your favorite soup recipes?