-Dr. Howard Hendricks
what a profound statement!
this was one of the many note-worthy message i received in my sexuality, intimacy, and gender class thursday night at huntington university.
i am currently working on a masters in counseling there and have 33 of 60 credits completed (working on an additional 9 this semester)!
i know this class will change my self, self-esteem, marriage, ideas of motherhood, and life in general!
we began with some Scripture readings to learn how to focus on what God says to us in His Word about sexuality:
– the first principle in healthy relationships is humility
1 Peter 1:13-16
– the second principle in healthy relationships is holiness
– have courage and faith to be the person that others can sit with; so they can bring to light all of this junk and sin in their lives
1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
– God’s will is that we be sanctified to have nothing to do with sexual immorality
– love God with our sexuality
– If He’s the vine and I’m the branch – what does that mean for my sexuality?
i hope in this mini lesson you were able to gain insight, peace, understanding, or at least interest into this topic of learning God’s will for our lives and our sexuality
i want to challenge myself and all of you if you’re willing to accept the challenge, to “not be ashamed to discuss what God was not ashamed to create”